• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

SD Upgrade from a Panny AE100.

nwgarratt

Distinguished Member
I have a friend who has a Panasonic AE100 and wants to upgrade. HD Ready isn't needed so, he looking at a SD LCD PJ. He suffers from rainbow effect so DLP is out of the question. Would the Epson TW20 be a immediate upgrade from the AE100? His main question was whether it had better blacks and colours than the AE100.

He will be using a DVD player on component and watching DVD's made from Freeview TV and SD DVD's.

Is there any other SD PJ's to look at?

I have seen the TW20 and the screendoor is quite bad being a low res. the black wouldnt be a huge leap. I would go for a lcd with an iris, even a last gen model if you can find one cheap as the new ones have not got much on them anyway.

nwgarratt

Distinguished Member
I have seen the TW20 and the screendoor is quite bad being a low res. the black wouldnt be a huge leap. I would go for a lcd with an iris, even a last gen model if you can find one cheap as the new ones have not got much on them anyway.

Thanks. I also decided on the same and I think it is very expensive as it seem to be around £450-£500.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom