• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

SD reader not working

muzzi

Established Member
Had an initial problem with my first Wii, so it went back, and now the new Wii won't read my game saves from the SD card. It doesn't even recognise an SD card to save to or from.

Anybody got any ideas to fix this?

thanks in advance

Muzzi

milkmanchris

Established Member
Had an initial problem with my first Wii, so it went back, and now the new Wii won't read my game saves from the SD card. It doesn't even recognise an SD card to save to or from.

Anybody got any ideas to fix this?

thanks in advance

Muzzi

Try putting some jpegs on the sd card and see if the Wii will read them in photo mode.

This will maybe eliminate the problem been a card one!!

And why do you want game saves on the SD in the first place?

steve36

Established Member
I've not tried mine yet but a friend told me that the SD card slot is not active until it's connected up via WiFi.
I don't understand the logic of that, possibly the SD support is in the O/S upgrade that is done when you connect.

Steve

muzzi

Established Member
I've not tried mine yet but a friend told me that the SD card slot is not active until it's connected up via WiFi.
I don't understand the logic of that, possibly the SD support is in the O/S upgrade that is done when you connect.

Steve

thanks steve.

I will try this in the morning. tho the parents don't have Wifi:mad: I may be able to get it hardwwired to the net, but my mums PC LCD doesn't have a composite connection (well why would it!). I may have to bring the spare TV upstairs. The parents are going to love me being home :D

Regarding Milkmanchris's comment, i saved my data from my old Wii onto a SD card as i had to replace it. I received it today, but i've brought it back to the parents place for xmas to hopefully relieve the boredom!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Double pants, i've just realived i don't have a Wii or DS Dongle! Oh well, time to see if anyone has unpretected wifi in the local area!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom