SD picture quality geting worse??

fulllupo

I dont know if its just me, but recently im finding that the SD picture quality is becoming almost unwatchable on my 436xde.

I have had SKY HD for about a year now, so its not just the fact that im now blessed with HD, making SD seem so much worse. I have just found that any movies that I have been watching as well as football just makes me cringe. Im not sure if its since they have changed the line up of the movies (i.e sky modern greats ect) that this has happened or its just coincidental, or my perception.

Either way, how much do i want all channels to be HD!!!

Just wondering if it is just me being a picture snob, or if sky have reduced bandwidth or something to try and entice people to HD?

t1m103

funny you say this, i was talking to my misses the other day saying exactly the same.

sieade245

Standard Member
Agree, have the same telly. Keep wondering if its because I'm possilby getting used to HD footy as the norm though, I mean have you tried watching a VHS video recently, how did we ever put up with life before DVDs?

Si

fulllupo

Well good to know its not just me then

I thought initially it could be because im used to HD now, but then ive had the box for a year and have never noticed it to this degree.

Does limit me to about 6 channels i can stand to watch now tho!

S

Spuddy

Hi there.
see my post under sky sky+, problems with picture quality.
I haven`t got HD yet only sky+ but I think the picture quality is poor on SD.
Bought me a new panny plasma thinking it would improve things but it didn`t seem to.
Just watched footy replays on ITV terrible fuzziness/ghosting around players.

Spuddy

Oldgold

Spuddy

I noticed this on Setanta live matches today & last night and on the championship on ITV this morning. Not enjoyable to watch on 42" plasma. I wondered if it was because i had been spoilt by HD. Glad I'm not the only one that notices it too.

Speedoguy

Hi there.
see my post under sky sky+, problems with picture quality.
I haven`t got HD yet only sky+ but I think the picture quality is poor on SD.
Bought me a new panny plasma thinking it would improve things but it didn`t seem to.

Spuddy

I noticed this on Setanta live matches today & last night and on the championship on ITV this morning. Not enjoyable to watch on 42" plasma. I wondered if it was because i had been spoilt by HD. Glad I'm not the only one that notices it too.

To slightly improve the ITV picture try tuning into Ulster or Scottish TV STV which as not owned by ITV with the resulting broadcast being a slighlty higher quality.

Once your into the right section via services-system set up-add channels

Frequency = 10906
Polarisation = V
Mbaud = 22
FEC = 5/6
Highlight find channels and press select
Tick the channels you want using the yellow button then select:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom