sd cards

gboy

Novice Member
hi all, have just bought a canon 450d camera. can anyone tell me the best sd card to buy for it. and the best place to buy from. also can someone explain how a battery grip works. and is it best to have one. hope you can help. kind regards. gboy.

Ian_S

Distinguished Member
7dayshop are very cheap for memory cards. I'd use Sandisk Ultra II or higher and a minimum of 2GB, probably 4GB.

The battery grip depends on whether you like a bulkier camera and also whether you have a heavy lens attached. It can help balance things out better with larger lenses. If you don't find battery life an issue, don't have a large lens and like the 450's size, then I wouldn't bother.

Krank

Distinguished Member
I've just bought a SanDisk extreme III 4gb SDHC card for £13.79 from Base.com (went through Amazon)

gboy

Novice Member
could someone please tell me the difference between compact flash memory and sd memory ? regards. gboy.

>Jaz<

Novice Member
Don't really know much about CF, but I believe it's more expensive.

You don't need to worry about CF if you're buying memory for the 450D, because it only takes SD cards I believe?

Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom