SD card upgrade

jaymac

Just got the TT1 regional is there any advantage in getting a1 Gig card to replace the issued 512.Also is it just a case of transferring via a card reader to pc and back or is it best to use Tom Tom Home
Thanks

DGP999

Standard Member
Just got the TT1 regional is there any advantage in getting a1 Gig card to replace the issued 512.Also is it just a case of transferring via a card reader to pc and back or is it best to use Tom Tom Home
Thanks

I have recently bought one of these and use the Tom Tom Home software on a PC. You can backup the SD card via this software Also the SD card appears as a drive ( inXP) and you can copy it to a folder on the PC - just make sure you can see hidden files - set in folder options. This allows you direct access to the files. I have changed the splash screen to a family photo.
Elsewhere on this forum it is strongly suggested that you backup before changing any contents in the Tom Tom memory.
The card supplied in my TT1 is a 256Mb. Haven't tried a bigger one yet. Would be interested to hear if it is successful.

jaymac

Thanks DGpthe reason I queried a bigger card as this only shows abot 3Mb space thought might be better with a bit more to spare .By the way just got a home charger on ebay £7:88 that includes postage ordered Thurs got it today

DGP999

Standard Member
Thanks DGpthe reason I queried a bigger card as this only shows abot 3Mb space thought might be better with a bit more to spare .By the way just got a home charger on ebay £7:88 that includes postage ordered Thurs got it today

I did recover about 40Mb deleting the foreign language voices from the TT1 via Tom Tom Home. Still have them on PC.

jaymac

Update i got a 1gig cardand have transferred the original card to it . Bit of a mixup tried to do it via my card reader and explorer transferred ok but tomtom would'nt recognise .Had to use tomtom to do it otherwise fine

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J Thoughts, madVR Processor & Sonus faber Lumina II Reviews + Movie & TV roundup
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom