SD card protection Next Base 322GW

Neil Byrne

Novice Member
Reaction score
Good Morning All
my son (HGV driver) has a Next Base 322 Gw with 64Gb micro SD card installed. so far so good...
now the card appears to have filled up with recordings, it seems the card has become protected, it wont allow new recordings to be added, pushing the oldest ones off
I've tried using a laptop to delete the old recordings, it wont allow this due to card protection
I've used a DOS command to remove disk protection attributes, still no joy.
Unable to format the card too.
What have we done wrong?
many thanks for taking time to help us
Neil B

What happens if you use the device to format the card, still nothing?
Is there a setting on the card to write protect?

Hi
Thanks for reading and taking time to reply
same problem if I try to format the SD card using the format function in the Dash Cam :-(

Due to the nature of the issue, I'm going to pop this one into the computer forum (I can move it back if required).

I would say that the card has developed a fault in your case. Since the device itself can't format it, its a pretty clear indication its knackered. It does happen. try a new SD card, format it on the device I think you'll be fine going forward.

Thanks
I've got a new card to hand, so I'll give that a whirl.
Hopefully thats all it is and wont happen again...watch this space lol
many thanks
Neil B

My old 312GW recorded a car hitting ours and the great thing is the insurance company on seeing the footage had no arguement, Now up dated and got the522 GW version, my wifes car still has a 312GW in it ,

Wife was driving I wasn't there. I don't know why car manufactures don't add them as part of a car

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom