SD Card Problem

C

China

With over 150 pictures on a new 4Gb SD card I got a screen message on the camera "storage card error", having then tried it in a card reader was advised to re-format the card, The pics had been viewed previosly on camera so I know they were there.

Is there any way ofrecovering these pics or a company that can undertake this - the pics are from a "once in a lifetime" trip.

A PC should be able to read the SD card, if you check your instructions for your camera it may just state that the maximum card that can be used in the camera is 2GB, this is a limitation of my camera (Panasonic).

Thanks for that Andy, but I had already tried in the PC using a card reader and the reader tells me that the SD card needs re-formatting - obviously if I do this all will be lost. I will try later with a different reader as I have had the same message on floppy discs in the past , but they run in another PC.

A PC should be able to read the SD card, if you check your instructions for your camera it may just state that the maximum card that can be used in the camera is 2GB, this is a limitation of my camera (Panasonic).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom