1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SD...Card Corrupt...

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by Just call me Al, Jul 21, 2005.

1. Just call me Al

Just call me Al

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +132
    I know when I took the SD card from my camera it was working. I inserted it into my SD card slot on a computer that I've had for about 3 months, (first time I used it for photo's) after it came up as a file it would not let me access the photos to drag to a new file. It said the card was corrupt. It now won't load in any of my SD card slots (on other computers) & the camera says it needs formating. Problem is I have some photos on it that I need, is there anything I can do or has my newer computer cocked up my card?

2. RobertP

RobertP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No reccomendations for what software to use but you need a data recovery program.

Even if you have to format the card for the computer to read it the pictures will usually still be visible to data recovery programs. If you record any new pictures to the card then the corrupted contents will be lost for ever.

There have been previous card error threads here - might be worth a search.

In case there is a fault in the new PC reader slot you might be best trying the recovery elsewhere and then test the new reader with stuff on the card that is unimportant.

3. mattym

mattym
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
  4. Just call me Al

Just call me Al

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings: