SD card connector/adapter to facilitate data exchange

anna82sun

Novice Member
Hi,

Following my previous thread (link), I was wondering if there is a connector or adaptor which would make it easier to physically eject and insert the SD card.

In my case, I would need to switch the SD card almost daily between my two computers, and I thought there might be a device to facilitate this physical process.

And ideas from you are welcome

MaryWhitehouse

Hi,

Following my previous thread (link), I was wondering if there is a connector or adaptor which would make it easier to physically eject and insert the SD card.

In my case, I would need to switch the SD card almost daily between my two computers, and I thought there might be a device to facilitate this physical process.

And ideas from you are welcome

Easier in what way? Connect a USB reader to each PC so it's available?

anna82sun

Novice Member
you mean using the SD through an USB reader? I thought, I would need to insert it always "into" the computer (into the SD slot) rather than "through a USB reader"

MaryWhitehouse

you mean using the SD through an USB reader? I thought, I would need to insert it always "into" the computer (into the SD slot) rather than "through a USB reader"

If the computer has an sd reader why do you need something else?

anna82sun

Novice Member
it this a card reader? But I would also need an adapter for inserting an SD card here, right?

Attachments

• InkedIMG_20211229_133447_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_20211229_133447_LI.jpg
    322.8 KB · Views: 20

MaryWhitehouse

Ok you said you had an sd card reader, hence the confusion. That looks like a PCMCIA card slot, quite an old laptop? You need a USB sd card reader but if that laptop only has USB1 sockets then you may find it very slow.

anna82sun

Novice Member
Here we are: It was on the other side. I overlooked

This looks like a SD would fit into :)

Attachments

• IMG_20211229_135826.jpg
    IMG_20211229_135826.jpg
    324.1 KB · Views: 17

MaryWhitehouse

At the bottom is a USB socket. Above is either another PCMCIA slot or a CF card slot. I think that machine is too old to have a sd card reader so you’ll need a usb one.

MaryWhitehouse

Does it make a different in terms of transmission speed which kind of USB reader to choose?

It does. Just by a USB3 one, too fast for that laptop but backwards compatible so will be fine and save buying another for next machine.

anna82sun

Novice Member
...just another question: Can I encrypt everything on the SSD by veracrypt?
Or shall I open a new thread for this question?

MaryWhitehouse

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom