Scvd

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by atomant, Jan 22, 2002.

1. atomant

atomant
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Yelo800DVD which supports DVD,SVCD,DVCD,CVD,VCD,CD,OKO,VCD2.0,VCD3.0,CD-R,CD-RW and MP3. But when I tried a SVCD which I put on a CD-RW the disc was loading then said no disc any ideas what is wrong?
    I opened the cd-rw on the Pc and all the flles where there for SVCD.

2. GarethH

GarethH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Try burning on a CD-R!

3. triplea4uk

triplea4uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    you shouldnt copy vcd or svcd on to cdrw discs it dosnt work on dvd players so try normal cdr disc and if it doesnt work then that means you have set the picture format or radio wrong because the yelo dvd player can only run certain svcd specs.

I was going to buy a yelo800 do u think it is really worth £160 and can u record a dvd on to a blank video dvd picture quality on the video.

4. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,851
    Usually not true. CDRWs generally DO work on DVD players. In fact, on most early single-laser DVD players, they work better than CDRs (which often don't work at all on such players).

And, as atomant says, his player is CDRW compatible.

There is almost certainly something wrong with the burning software, or the CD writer drive, or a user error in creating the disc. CDRWs are an excellent way of experimenting to get things right without creating a trash can full of unusable CDRs (coasters).