Scrolling through Netflix programmes causes LG Oled to freeze

Discussion in 'LG TVs Forum' started by Pluto46, Jan 14, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Pluto46

Pluto46
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I expect this has been taken up before, but I haven't managed to find anything on it (poor search skills).

I have an LG Oled 55c6v which I bought at the very end of 2016 in the year-end sales (in Norway where I live).

After encouragement from my grandchildren, I started subscribing to Netflix. What happens is that when I scroll through available TV series, the whole system (Netflix + TV) freezes and the only way of resolving the problem is by turning off the TV. That can take some time since the TV doesn't respond to the remote's signals until a few minutes have passed.

According to Netflix, this is down to an overfilled memory (RAM perhaps?). I'm not clear whether they mean the Netflix app on the TV or the TV's memory.

Anyway, is there anything I can do to increase the memory and avoid having the whole setup freeze every few minutes?

Thanks for any tips!

best,
    Pluuto46

2. weeman2

weeman2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +379
    You could try uninstalling,then reinstalling the Netflix app.

Or if you have loads of apps installed,remove the ones that you are not using this will free up some memory,or if none of that works you could try a factory reset of the tv.

If you do a factory reset you may want to note down your picture settings,please note if the tv has been calibrated you'll lose these settings.

George

3. Pluto46

Pluto46
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks George for your suggestions. These apps are included in the LG "WebOS platform" with masses of pre-installed apps. I only really use the Netflix app, and sometimes the local national broadcaster's, so I'll see about removing some of the others. Be interesting to see how to modify the Webos platform.

A factory reset will be the last resort. You never know what the result is going to be.

best,
    Pluto46

4. Hixs

Hixs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,596
    I'd first uninstall and reinstall Netflix - it can be a bit buggy at times.

If that doesn't work, then it could well be a memory issue, though if you have only the pre-installed apps that would seem doubtful.

My money is on the Netflix app being a tit.

5. Pluto46

Pluto46
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Hixs and Weeman2. Thanks again for input. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Netflix app on the TV yesterday night, but because I was out most of the evening, I didn't get round to doing scrolling test. I'll see if I can't find time tonight.

But you're probably right, Hixs, about the app being buggy.

best,
    Pluto46

6. Pluto46

Pluto46
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I used the opportunity last night of trying out a reasonable scrolling test, and happily the system didn't freeze. Looks like uninstalling and reinstalling the app actually helped.

Thanks guys for your help and input!

best,
    Pluto46