1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scrolling Bar Problem on KD-32DX100 and KD-32NX100

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by SiCotty, Feb 17, 2002.

1. SiCotty

SiCotty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All,

Just been looking at TV's and have seen the scrolling bar problem on both sets. When looking at a Terrestrial Digital Picture with a white background (TeleText Menu) you can see the scrolling bars very vividly.

Was going to replace my 28" widescreen with a 32DX100 but now am looking at Tosh and Loewe TV's.

Very unimpressed by SONY

Did have a look at a Aconda and 36ZP18P but not using RGB source. Any problems with the Aconda appart from the slight geometry problem when watcing 4:3?

Si

2. fwan

fwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info.

Anyone else getting the scrolling bars on these sets ?

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    SiCotty,

Which shop did you see the sets in?

J

4. IanK

IanK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just started to experience this on my KD-32DX100. My warranty expired last Nov! Is there a solution out there? My local Sony agent claims this problem doesn't exist!

Ian

5. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    FWAN

I have a PM for you, but couldn't send it - you're capacity is full.

6. fatbob

fatbob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

The Aconda is a great tv, but it does have it's issues.

When watching NTSC sources, it has a slight moire effect at the sides of the screen. This may or may not be an important issue, depending on how many region 1 dvd's you watch.

I've put a link here where the issue is discussed in full.

It's been a long time since this problem was discussed on this forum, so I don't know if the moire issue still applies to Loewe sets, or if the problem has since been corrected on their newer tv's.

Cheers.

7. fwan

fwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Don't they always say that if they don't know the fault. To be fair, the guy may have no idea how to fix it if it is an inherent defect like the old FQ model.

Phone SOny UK Customer service. If you look thru my old very looooong thread, you will find some info on it.

Legally, expiration of warranty should not take away the dealer's responsibilty of repair it if the fault is inherent and a tv should last for a reasonable time.

Let me know how you get along with Sony UK. They were no exactly the most helpful lot if you don't you background work and don't push hard.

Cheers

8. fwan

fwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Simon1

Sorry for that, I have been away.

Should be okay now, try pm again please.

Rgds

fwan

9. kon

kon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Iank did you find a solution/fix to the scrolling bar problem on the dx100. I have the same problem with a nx100 but only when watching sky and the screen is dark or a blue colour.

10. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    A 'THOR' scart lead solved the issue for me with my 32DX100. I'd never had an issue with SB's until I changed my dvd player (Sony) to a dvd recorder (Sony). I had been using a 'mid' level quality scart lead and the 'THOR' cable was the only one out of several premium cables I'd tried that got rid of them.

The only snag is the plug on the end of this cable is so heavy, it has a tendency to want to fall out of the back of the telly.