1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

screwed over by Blockbuster, reckon they'll help me?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by Marc, May 4, 2005.

1. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    I bought the Untouchables Special Edition dvd from blockbuster, i think back in December last year, since that's the only blockbuster transaction i have on my bank statements from December onwards.

Anyway, i went to finally watch it today (yes it took me 6 months, but i have over 600 dvd's) only to find that they'd put the bare-bones R2 release into the special edition box!

Now after 6 months, i obviously don't still have a receipt, so is there any way i can take it back to Blockbuster and ask for a replacement disc?

2. Seth Gecko

Seth Gecko
    retired member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
    I'd doubt it - but garyd may know better (as he apparently works for Blockbusters). I would suggest getting in contact with the manufacturer (Universal isn't it?)

3. partyweb

partyweb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +529
    :lesson: The moral here should be to check all your dvds when you get them, regardless of if you've got time to watch them.

I bought 'Really Bend it Like Beckham' 3 disc set from Woolies last Xmas as a gift for a Man U fan friend. Before wrapping it I checked the contents to not only find it had one disc but that disc was the feature film 'Bend it Like Beckham' D'oh! :suicide: Boy, did the Woolies staff member look stupid when I took it back and told their manager :D

Worse than that, I've bought a dvd (also from Woolies) and got home only to find the box was empty!!

4. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +995
    I buy so many dvd’s that it often takes me months (even years) to watch them. I do worry that some of them will be faulty when I get round to watching it – however so far not had any problems!

5. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    happened to me with a special edition dune i got for xmas, found out last week the disc is faulty, can't remember who I got it from and where they got it!

screwed!

6. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    luckily i only paid £5.98 for it, and i could probably get most of that back by eBaying it, but i'm too honest to pretend it's the special ed..

i went into blockbuster and they said since i didnt have a receipt they couldnt give me a refund and that they dont have any copies to exchange it with. the manager said she would make some calls though and try and order one in for me. Whether she'll have any luck, i don't know, but hopefully something will happen.

7. apul

apul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    blockies can be quite bad at the old customer service sometimes. We got Pirates of the Caribbean when it came out. 6 months later it the disk started to flake up at the spindle edge. Took it back hoping to get an exchange to be hold 'You should have the recipt, we cant exchange it if you don't' Then we told them they have all transactions on thier computer so they could check there, their reply was 'wells' and 'but' and a few 'butbutbut errr' :rolleyes: So really they didnt care.
    We also got accused of stealing, (ie not taking a dvd back), and it wasnt until after a few weeks they realised lots of dvds had been stolen from their returns box.
    I'm sure the only reason we are still with them is becasue we can use those worthless Sainsburys points vouchers pay for the rentals.

8. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    marc what store did you buy it from? are you a member? do you have the credit card statement?

i'll help if i can

Gary

9. lurker75

lurker75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

I have the same worries and touch wood I won't have any problems in the future either!

10. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    hi Gary, i bought it from the Cosham, Hampshire store which comes up as "blockbuster express portsmouth" on my bank statement. i bought it using switch/maestro, and i dont think i was a member at the time i bought it, the manager of the branch said they can't trace transactions of non-members, but she seemed helpful enough saying she'd try and order in a copy. if there is anything you can do, perhaps to find the transaction, your help would be most appreciated :thumbsup: and i can provide you with more info via pm if you like.

(i've been thinking my thread title sounds a lot more harsh than intended, perhaps a mod could change it to "given wrong disc by blockbuster, reckon they'll help?" cos i'm sure they didn't do it on purpose.)

11. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    i've had shops make mistakes a couple of times before, but luckily i noticed a lot sooner. i bought ssx tricky 2nd hand from a market in camden but the guy accidentally put ssx in the box instead.. and i bought my brother Slipknot Disasterpieces from Virgin, only for him to open it up on xmas day and find it lacking both discs.. both those times, things got sorted, but like i said, it wasn't 6 months later..