Screw up

A "sculpture" of mine. Taken late this morning, when the sun finally made an appearance, so editing a bit rushed... converted to b/w, contrast, black & white tones increased, cropped.

EXIF
Fuji X-E2 + Yashica DS50mm 1:2
f/8
1/250s
ISO 200

Last edited:

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
Nice idea and processing works quite well but composition doesn't for me - also did you take any others that were not compketely top-down? :)

Jim

I did but then they were more obviously screws so not abstract enough. On reflection, I would have cropped it more though. Plus was trying to get an entry in before 3, so didn't try too many options. May revisit them and put some different versions on Flickr.

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
Pretty obvious that it's upside down screws through a graph paper notebook sheet already ;)

...my thinking was that cropped to remove the notebook spine and rotated through 30+ degrees and shot from an angle would have added a 3d aspect to the shot YMMV of course :)

Pretty obvious that it's upside down screws through a graph paper notebook sheet already ;)

...my thinking was that cropped to remove the notebook spine and rotated through 30+ degrees and shot from an angle would have added a 3d aspect to the shot YMMV of course :)
Weeeeellll, yes and no... yes, it is obvious, but the first thing you 'see' is the pattern/shadows, right? at least that's what I was aiming for. Agree with the suggestion on the rotation and crop; I think an angle showing the screws would make a good shot like you say but would also change that first thing you 'see', plus I just have a thing for this kind of 'flat' composition.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom