1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Screw panny(to the wall)

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by TopMeTom, Oct 27, 2003.

1. TopMeTom

TopMeTom
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +261
    Hi got me new panny 6 and bracket from av-sales,
    question,

where and how much are the 70mm raw plugs and screws the manual advises to fix to a fireplace?fire not working though!!!!:smoke:

Phil:confused:

2. lmccauley

lmccauley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +212
    You can contact Rawl here. When I tried my local DIY place they were a bit unsure as to what to suggest (I was mounting on aerated block). My father rang Rawl directly and they advised and I was able to order in a box of suitable fittings (which have kept my panny 6 up for the last few months).

Cheers,
    Liam

3. TopMeTom

TopMeTom
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +261
    what did you get then?

4. lmccauley

lmccauley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +212
    Rawlbloc
    UK Cat No 38-028
    Des 10X66
    Drill 10mm
    For screw size 6mm

But, like I say, it was specifically for thermalite block. You will have to figure out what you're screwing into.

Cheers,
    Liam

5. AndyGo

AndyGo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have a trip to Wicks DIY store, they'll have all you need in there. I used 4 expanding bolts, 4 HD rawl fixings and 6 off 75mm coach screws into 70mm HD plugs all into concrete block wall. I reckon I could hang my car on it, let alone a plasma !!!!!!

6. waynec

waynec

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm just about to mount the same onto the plasterboard/thermalite. There seems to be many different ways as posted on the forums to mount on these soft walls. I spoke with a techy guy at Rawl yesterday about the subject. He wanted to know which strength of breeze block I had, seems like they manufacture several strengths and are measured in Newtons just to make it more confusing!!

lmccauley, can you post a photo or a description of the plugs you used? can't find the cataloge you quoted in the usual DIY stores.

Thanks

7. Richard Barham

Richard Barham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Attached Files:

8. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Am having a similar problem mounting MXE to wall, except wall is a stud wall plasterboard on wood frame thing.

Also can only seem to find one wood upright (that plasterboard is nailed to) in a 4foot span (plasma width) which doesn't seem right to me

Spoke to a local hardware store and mentioned i was going to screw a sheet of MDF to the uprights, and mount the bracket (AV-Sales & AVForums powerbuy :) ) to that

he suggest that using 6 plasterboard rawplugs (the aluminium ones with the deep thread) and no nails should do the trick - not to sure about this, so am going to check with a neighbour (who i've just remembered is a builder - DOH! :)

Gary

9. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Thanks Richard...seen these before on the forums, but not been able to find anywhere online to get them...cheers :smashin:

JJ

10. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    p.s. noticed this quote in the pdf:

JJ

11. AndyGo

AndyGo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As per that last thread, don't forget when ordering the length & depth of screw / bolt/ etc. to allow for the plaster depth (whatever that may be) which will have no ability to take load in the shear plane. I.e. make sure the meat is in the block, not the weak plaster surface. Also don't forget Screwfix, they do a multitude of stud wall fixings of varying strengths (don't think 6 plastic redi-driva's in a plasterboard wall is really gonna cut it somehow !!!!!!!)