1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Screens woe for Barco 808s

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Tim Cooper, Aug 28, 2001.

1. Tim Cooper

Tim Cooper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    Does anyone know where i could get an 8ft screen for a reasonable price pref' px my 7ft owl jobby, electric prefered 4:3.

It seems that when i had my barco installed it was configured & set for an 8ft screen so consequently my "size" adjustments are very low i.e vertical size is zero! & horizontal is approx 10 when setting up for anamorphic viewing, bsically the PJ is sitting back to far on the ceiling,easiest route for me would be to buy an 8ft screen!!!

Thanks

Tim

2. Jenz

Jenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Screens UK would be a good price.

Tim, you really ought to get the Barco install checked though. It sounds as though it may be mechanically stressed and the electronic setup has been forced to correct it.

Regards Neil.

3. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Tim<br />First off STOP using the projector you will prematurly age the phospher in the center of your tubes. It is still possible to send full power just to a tiny part of the phospher.

What is the distance from the screen to the large dark grey pannel above the lenses (asuming its Ceiling mounted.)? that way we can calculate what would be the best screen size.

By the way it would also be possible to go the other way and set the image too wide on the tubes and start heating the seals.

Try <a href="http://www.screensuk.co.uk" target="_blank">Screens UK</a> for your electric screen.

4. Tim Cooper

Tim Cooper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    Hi Roland,

The distance from the screen to the "dark panel" is 128 inches according to the lens program that is the optimal for a 92 inch wide screen.<br />I have decided to make a 92x52 16:9 screen,has been quite successfully done on the AVS forum.<br />I have been wanting to get in touch with you regarding hiring you to get my system running to perfection please email me

Thanks

Tim

[ 05-09-2001: Message edited by: Tim Cooper ]</p>

5. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Tim

Double double check the distance is correct.

I have emailed you with my address.

If any one else needs it it's in my profile now.

Sorry I've been slow in getting back to people after Gordon's event it just hasn't stopped. It's now Sept and I promised that I would have the web site finished by the end of Aug.

I'll be at the HiFi show Hamersmith next weekend if any one feels like popping into room 3110 for chat.

6. Phil Hinton

Phil Hinton
    Editor Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,195
    Roland,

Can i check that you have recieved the two e-mails i sent this week, regarding install of my BD800?

I appriechiate you are busy, a quick yes will do.

Cheers matey,