1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

screens for the poor

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by celtic13, Mar 11, 2003.

1. celtic13

celtic13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +156
    Still to decide on either an hs10 or ae300, waiting for a demo of the latter before making up my mind. Now turning my mind to other parphenalia in readiness for the big day.

I have a few queries and would appreciate some advice from the learned community!:lesson:

I have a 90 inch bay window where the screen will be situated - must be a pull down and recessed behind a pelmet.

According to projector central calculator with an ae300 at a screen to lens distance of 12 ft the screen width should be 87 to 108 in. With my 90 inch bay window that only allows a 3 inch margin to include black borders. Can you actually specify to the screen manufacturers the exact visible screen area you require and then add black borders? Eg 87in screen area then 1.5 inch surrounding border...

If so will this be prohibitively expensive and I'll have to ask my ex seamstress retired mother to make me one....hmmm might be a little side line here for people with odd sized requirements!:devil: Could exploit me ma and split the cost...no no take that back. I have a few notions about this ...the screen not me ma - which I'll post later.

Thanks for your patience

P

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi Celtic13,

Kramer should be along shortly with an answer to this........

Complimentary bump on behalf of the AE100 crowd !

All the best,

Sean G.