1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Screenplay thru laptop

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by asimm, Aug 27, 2004.

1. asimm

asimm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    I want to take advantage of the DVI innput on the screenplay, the laptop has the right connections but is it outputting the right signal? Am having difficulty getting a good picture. Have tried adjusting resolution.

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Intriguingly cryptic........

Try again with information such as:

Which exact model of projector

What you think is wrong with the image

What resolution you are using

What are you using the laptop for - displaying desktop, playing PC games, playing dvds

Sean.

3. asimm

asimm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    theritz

am now using a keyboard that works - on the last one numbers and other keys did not work. Here goes:
    Have 4805, the instruction book tells me that DVI is by far the best connection. The DVD players I have only do RGB and SVideo. With the inputs on the PJ the best available is sVideo. I wanted to test DVI to see if there was a real difference - if there was the would probably fork out 150 on the Samsung DVD player.
    My laptop has all the right connections but I am not sure it is sending out a pure signal. The picture looks digital - can't explain it better than that.
    Mainly use DVDs. Having trouble with the resolution, have used various settings.

4. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Download a programe called "powerstrip" and load it onto your laptop. Do a search here for powerstrip (or look in the FAQ) and you'll find instructions onhow to access custom resolutions in Powerstrip and set your laptop's resolution to 848x480 (if you can find a resolution of 854x480 that's the native reolution of the 4805). Use this resolution to send a signal to the 4805. If you check the manual for the projector it should tell you what resolutions it will take over DVI.

First time around it can be a little fiddly, but as soon as you've used it once you'll be fine. You need to remember to untick the "Hide reolutions this mobitor will not display" bov in properties/settings/advanced on your Desktop, and you might need to load a widescreen monitor driver - a search here will unearth all the info you need - do a search on Powerstrip or on username Hoglet.

Tere's also a huuuuge thread about the 4805 over on avsforum, you could check that out for info on using it with a pc.

Sean G.