1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Screenplay 7200 projector from the USA - what to watch out for?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by jmbrailsford, Apr 12, 2005.

1. jmbrailsford

jmbrailsford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +231
    Hi,
    I have been offered an Infocus Screenplay 7200 projector which was originally bought in the USA.

I have been offered it at a great price but not sure of any problems I might encounter with it being from the USA, ie: voltages, output ( PAL / NTSC etc ).

If anyone has any info to help decide about buying it I'd much appreciate it.

:smashin:

2. jmbrailsford

jmbrailsford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +231
  3. NorthernNerd

NorthernNerd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Check the manual from their US site to ensure it'll be 100% fine with a PAL signal. I suspect it will, but it pays to check.

You'll need a high quality, high wattage stepdown converter for the voltage, though I think it's becoming common for pjs to have a psu that can cope with any voltage (i.e. it'll be fine with anything from 110v to 240v out of the box) and all that changes is the plug they pack with it. Again, you should be able to find out the tech specs on their website.

After you have got that sorted, make sure you pay some attention to shipping and associated import duties. They are avoidable.