Screenplay 7200 Image Offset?

GliderRider

Standard Member
Reaction score
Is the Image offset on the 7200 adjustable? My PJ is mounted 6"/15cm from the ceiling. The top of my 16:9 frame is apprx 10" from the ceiling. This means I have to tilt the PJ up a few degrees in order to raise the image, which looks odd. I don't really want to get into Keystone corection. How can i be sure i'm getting the best from the lens.

THanks

Andy

hi andy i was wondering if you have trouble with the fan noise by the way im very happy with the PJ but the fan noise is a bit annoying perhaps you found a way to dump it down?

by the way whats the best calibrated settings for the 7200?

cheers

peter

well keystone correction wont work for you i believe in order to get a tv like image it has to be in the center of the room... up in the cieling

i have the same problem but i managed to put the pj in the centre

Hi Peter, yes the fan noise is noticeable for me when viewing TV at low volume, but not when watching DVD at what I would consider a normal volume.
Also totally impressed with the PJ. The image is great, It's just a bit weird that the PJ points up slightly toward the ceiling. I could fix this by dropping the screen 6 inches, but then things get in the way? The PJ is is mounted so the lens is dead centre in the room.

what settings do you consider to be the best in 7200 interms of contrast colours etc

How close is the pj to the ceiling? Would you mount it closer if you could? If so, I can post some pics of a flush mount idea using two pieces of 6mm MDF. The pj should then be within an inch of the ceiling.

Gary.

gary perhaps you have an idea to reduce fan noise as well

post what you know

thanks

I've never fiddled with projector fans, though I know some have. With PCs, swapping a fan for a Papst fan often has good results, but the air flow is the prime concern, so if you don't mind opening up the pj and know for certain what the air flow of the fan is, that might work.

I have seen someone use some largish ducting to to take the warm air and pass it into the ceiling. It didn't look too bad and it helped dampen the fan noise. The hot air needs somewhere to go, so a vent elsewhere in the ceiling could work provided it was in the same run of ceiling joists to allow the pj air to flow.

Over on avs, hush boxes were the thing to build to house the pj in and reduce the noise. I don't know if a larg box on the ceiling is going to look very nice though.

Sorry I can't be of any more help than that.

Gary.

peter123 said:
what settings do you consider to be the best in 7200 interms of contrast colours etc
Peter, I've been using 50/50 when starting each movie and then adjusting up or down from that depending on each film. I find that I don't need to adjust that much. My screen is 2.4 m wide and is painted white. I'm redecorating at the moment and plan to spray with screen Goo. Grey base coat with Light grey top. This apparently, will give deeper blacks and reflect less light back into the room. So, ultimately, I guess the adjustments depend on screen type.
I havn't played around with any other settings yet, will wait until screen is sorted.

Gary Lightfoot said:
How close is the pj to the ceiling? Would you mount it closer if you could? If so, I can post some pics of a flush mount idea using two pieces of 6mm MDF. The pj should then be within an inch of the ceiling.

Gary.
Gary, wish I'd thought of that at the time, could've saved £100. It was your post, I think, that I spotted recently and kicked myself, so simple and cheap and would have been perfect for my setup. The PJ is on a Vogel mount 15cm from the ceiling
Anyway, it's done now.
My new plan is to cut a hole in the ceiling and raise the PJ Mount into the ceiling so it's almost flush.
One benefit will be easy adjustment.

Gary Lightfoot said:
I've never fiddled with projector fans, though I know some have. With PCs, swapping a fan for a Papst fan often has good results, but the air flow is the prime concern, so if you don't mind opening up the pj and know for certain what the air flow of the fan is, that might work.

I have seen someone use some largish ducting to to take the warm air and pass it into the ceiling. It didn't look too bad and it helped dampen the fan noise. The hot air needs somewhere to go, so a vent elsewhere in the ceiling could work provided it was in the same run of ceiling joists to allow the pj air to flow.

Over on avs, hush boxes were the thing to build to house the pj in and reduce the noise. I don't know if a larg box on the ceiling is going to look very nice though.

Sorry I can't be of any more help than that.

Gary.

I'm thinking of putting a duct into the ceiling above the PJ (Next to the mount). This will connect to the outside and pull in cold air? Need to think it thru a bit more.

GliderRider said:
Peter, I've been using 50/50 when starting each movie and then adjusting up or down from that depending on each film. I find that I don't need to adjust that much. My screen is 2.4 m wide and is painted white. I'm redecorating at the moment and plan to spray with screen Goo. Grey base coat with Light grey top. This apparently, will give deeper blacks and reflect less light back into the room. So, ultimately, I guess the adjustments depend on screen type.
I havn't played around with any other settings yet, will wait until screen is sorted.

I "rolled my own" using digital light grey from Goo. Fantastic picture and I think it cost me around £50 direct from Goo Systems.

BTW anyone have HDMI working in their MT8/7200 ??? if so how?? (got v3.7 firmware and still no joy)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom