Screenplay 5700

A

andyturner28

Hi there

Has anyone expearienced a jerky picture on their 5700? In all the reviews i have read befor i bought it nothing was said about jerkiness on image bluring so i don't know weather it is just mine or a common issue.
All the mag's raved about it's picture quality but i am starting to wonder if i have bought the wrong PJ, and i have had it for about 7 months now so changing it is not an option.

I use it for Sky via RGB and a HTPC via DVI with similar result's with both.

Has anyone else had this problem or is it just me?

Cheers

Andy

Sorry to hear about the problem you are having, i own the 5700 and had no problem with jerkiness. Had mine for about 9 months. Has this been a problem from the beginning, or just recent?

i also own this pj and have nt had any probs at all(touch wood;) )i am very happy with it

Andy, do you watch a lot of R1 or R3 DVDs? NTSC pictures can seem to stutter when panning because of the 3:2 cadence used to convert film into 60Hz video. Alternatively, if you use R2 discs, could the HTPC be converting the PAL picture to 60Hz?

I can't understand why Sky connected through RGB to the projector would stutter (I can understand why it would be blurry :D ). Could you try a R2 DVD connected from a DVD player and see if that stutters?

Hi guy's, thanks for your input.

All DVD's are region 2 but am not sure about the refresh in MCE. how do you find out. I have read a lot about altering the refresh in the registry but have never done anything like that before and have heard you can do some seariouse damage in there so havn't tried that yet. It is the same using a separate DVD player anyway.
I am wondering if it could be down to the power supply and weather a mains purifier would cure this. dose anyone use one and how much of an effect dose it have on PQ. If it happens on Sky as well and nobody else has the same problem i can't think what else it could be.
It has happened since new, and this is in fact my second 5700, the first was replaced due to an unrelated problem after 3 weeks and that did it as well.
So can anyone recomend some cheap mains conditioners that work, i know prices for these can get rediculouse.

Cheers

Andy

Just noticed on the Infocus firmware page for V1.7 there is a note about "Color wheel speed now stays at last speed set" but then it implies that it remains at 50Hz for Europe - which means no-one could play R1 disks - intriguing.

not sure about the refresh in MCE. how do you find out
I don't use an HTPC, so someone in the PC forum could help with that - but a key thing to check is what your projector thinks it is receiving. Most projectors have a menu display that displays what signal it is receiving. I've looked at the Infocus manual (here) and on P21 it shows that the "About" window on the main menu tells you the resolution and refresh rate the projector is running at. You need a 50Hz rate into the projector, preferably 1024x576@50Hz from the PC. You could also try going into the video standards menu (on P26) and unchecking 'Auto' and forcing it to PAL.

I noticed something else weard this morning. I thought i had sorted the correct resolution of 1024/576 60hz, 60hz being the only refresh i can get it to accept, but i checked the 5700's about menue this morning and it says it is recieving a 1024/768 signal. At this resolution the picture is squashed vertically and have to use 1024/768 in Nvidia settings.. Also if i have Powerstrip running i can't select Video 1 at all. I then have to close Powerstrip and reselect 1024/768 in the Nvidia settings. If i select 576P the PJ accepts it but the picture is out of proportion (i am using the THX setup on T2 judgment day)

I am thinking of ditching MCE and getting a Samsung DV925 i think (the new one with HDMI), this is getting too much hassle.

Standalone DVD players and Sky are jerky also so am more interested in trying a mains conditioner so any input on a decent cheapie would be helpfull.

Cheers

Andy

Download the firmware upgrade and unzip there you can find all the instructions needed. You must have a special cable to connect from pc to pj.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom