1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Screenplay 5700 progressive scan problem?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by adam*B, Dec 17, 2004.

1. adam*B

adam*B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello

I demoed a 5700 last night and was very impressed. However after looking at the PAL interlaced picture we switched to progressive ....the picture was terrible ! Very muddy and flat. A thin white line appeared at the bottom of the screen too....very strange

The DVD was 2:35:1 ratio region 2, and the player was a brand new Pioneer 686 or something....

Has anyone else come across this problem ???

2. theronster

theronster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    No - but you shouldn't worry about it anyway - the 5700 Projector does a much better job of the de-interlacing to Progressive video than the player does (I have the same set-up as you described).

I just leave the player on interlaced and let the projector do it's thing. It looks lovely. The projector can only output progressive, so maybe its a problem with sending it a progressive signal or something like that.

3. Oakleyspatz

Oakleyspatz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +231
    Reviews of the Infocus state that the image is much brighter and more detailed when sent an interlaced signal from the DVD player than sending a progressive signal. The infocus has the very latest Faroudja DCDi video processing circuitry and this does a better job than most DVD players under £600.