Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Screenplay 5700 progressive scan problem?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by adam*B, Dec 17, 2004.

1. adam*B

adam*B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello

I demoed a 5700 last night and was very impressed. However after looking at the PAL interlaced picture we switched to progressive ....the picture was terrible ! Very muddy and flat. A thin white line appeared at the bottom of the screen too....very strange

The DVD was 2:35:1 ratio region 2, and the player was a brand new Pioneer 686 or something....

Has anyone else come across this problem ???

2. theronster

theronster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    No - but you shouldn't worry about it anyway - the 5700 Projector does a much better job of the de-interlacing to Progressive video than the player does (I have the same set-up as you described).

I just leave the player on interlaced and let the projector do it's thing. It looks lovely. The projector can only output progressive, so maybe its a problem with sending it a progressive signal or something like that.

3. Oakleyspatz

Oakleyspatz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +230
    Reviews of the Infocus state that the image is much brighter and more detailed when sent an interlaced signal from the DVD player than sending a progressive signal. The infocus has the very latest Faroudja DCDi video processing circuitry and this does a better job than most DVD players under £600.