1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Screenplay 5700 looked good. Any hi-def comparable projectors?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Lobo, Jan 8, 2005.

1. Lobo

Lobo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Just demoed the 5700 tofay and was very impressed by the picture. Very cinematic and loved the vibrant colours. Compared it to the Z2000 and it blew it out of the water.

I am very tempted to go for it, but would prefer a hi-def projector. Im looking to hook it up to a HTPC.

Does anyone know of any hi-def projectors that are comparable quality at a similar price range (£2200)?

2. peter123

peter123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    screenplay 7200 dont forget to buy a hushbox as well

if you are intrested i know a dealer that has 7200 for 2300£ Delivered

cheers

3. SuperSportBilly

SuperSportBilly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +389
    If you are looking at the 5700 - then the Optoma H57 might be worth a look along with the Mitsubishi HC900 (cine4home.de gave it a very good write up noting a contrast ratio of nearly 2000:1 once calibrated - to put that in perspective the Panny 700 was 950:1). They are also presently doing a write up on the Sony HS50 which would meet your HD specification.

cine4home.de worth a look - a bit fiddly because you need to translate if you don`t speak German or French. I use the google language tools.