1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Screenplay 4805 throw ratio.

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by gorwig, Mar 1, 2005.

1. gorwig

gorwig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I`m thinking of replacing my Panasonic ptae300 with a 4805. However it would have to be mounted about 15 feet away from my 67 ins wide screen. According to the throw ratio calculator on the infocus website this would be much too far to obtain a 67 ins wide picture. Does anyone know if the lenses are interchangable on the screenplay range or can you buy a telephoto attachment? The sp5700s throw ratio is much bigger and would do the job (but I can`t afford one).

2. Oakleyspatz

Oakleyspatz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +231
    You are right with your calculations, from 15 foot away, the smallest image on the 4805 would be 85 inches across, you would need to have the projector 12 foot away for a 67 inch wide image. The lens is unfortunately not interchangeable on the 4805 so I think you'll either have to buy a bigger screen, or ceiling mount the projector 12 foot from the screen.

3. john<|>nhoj

john<|>nhoj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0