1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Screenplay 4805 from X1 - Decreased rainbows?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by MrHappy, Sep 25, 2004.

1. MrHappy

MrHappy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just purchased my first projector, the X1 and unfortunately I'm prone to a bit of the rainbow effect. It's not severe, but I do notice it quite a bit on light images/dark background contrasting scenes. I know the Screenplay 4805 is also DLP, but I've heard it has a faster color wheel. My question is, (and please rememeber I don't have a lot to spend here) would upgrading to the 4805 decrease my rainbows or am I out of luck and looking at an LCD projector no matter what? (If so, anything out there worth while in the $1000 - $1500US range)

Thanks for your time!

2. Cool-hand

Cool-hand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
  3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,217
    panny AE700 or Sanyo Z3 would do zero rainbows....

4. bobbetts

bobbetts
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Light images/dark background contrasting scenes can give rise to rainbows, but the 4805 will most certainly minimise them, due to the faster wheel. I demoed a Screenplay 4800 (X1 clone) and found rainbows to be unbearable. I later demoed an Optoma H30 hardly any rainbows at all. Do not discount DLP on the performance of the X1.