1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Screenplay 4805 dB?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by guido, Jan 13, 2005.

1. guido

guido

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    My first post :hiya:

Does anyone have a figure for the Screenplay 4805 dB level? Or 5700?
    Have demo'd both 5700 and 4805, but the 4805 was mounted in a "room behind" location so couldnt tell how noisy it was. The 5700 I auditioned was right behind my head on a stand and found it bit intrusive. Havent found any figures on the web.

What about the picture on eco mode for quieter running?

Pretty much decided on a DLP model and have been looking at Themescene H57, as well as SP5700 and SP4805. Have been thinking the 4805 looks favourite as cant see the £500 difference to the other models is worth it.

Thanks for any advice! :thumbsup:

2. Solomon Grundy

Solomon Grundy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,412
    If you like the 4805 and cant justify the price difference try the H30 too, it's even cheaper, I demo'd both the 4805 and the H30 before choosing the H30 cos I couldn't justify the price difference between them, it's a great little projector!.

3. JuJu

JuJu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Recently got my SP4805 and yes the fan isn't particularly quiet, but also not terrible. I'd say if you're using your projector, surely the sound will normally be up at a reaosnable volume, pretty much covering any other noise (I sit right next ot my 4805).
    But I suppose it depends whether you get distracted or even notice, I just don't notice it really.

As for running in eco mode, I do and I think many others too. The picture is a little dimmer, but not by too much. Better to preserve the lamp.

4. Mr Grumpy

Mr Grumpy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I had a 5700 in place for a few days but never actually got the chance to use it (wrong throw for the screen size so I got it swapped). The 7200 I now have does produce a rather intrusive fan noise but unless you are watching at a very low volume it is not unbearable. Apart from this small flaw the projector is a peach though, particularly at the £2k or so I got it for (mate's rates).

5. guido

guido

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks for the replies... there are quiet passages in most films so turning up the vol not always an option!!! :rolleyes: Think I will audition again now I have a better idea of what I'm looking for... the 4805 was first audition I went to and really just popped into shop without really thinking too much!! :blush: