1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Screenplay 4805 and HDCP

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by abspag, May 2, 2005.

1. abspag

abspag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease: Hi can anyone tell me if I can connect my DVD player up to a screenplay 4805 using the DVI connection from my Tag McLaren DVD32FLR I suspect that the DVD player does not support HDCP and the projector does. If this is the case does anyone know a way around this? :clap:

2. Oakleyspatz

Oakleyspatz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +231
    I may be wrong, but I think it will not be a problem. It just means that when a HDCP signal is received, it will still be able to display it AS WELL as non-HDCP signals

3. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    Agree with Oaks. As long as the display is HCDP compliant it ain't a problem. It's only if you have a player which is HDCP compliant, and the display device isn't, that you get a problem...PJ

4. seanm

seanm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    I agree,
    The projector should accept the DVI Signal using the DVI-M1 Cable.

5. abspag

abspag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thats great news thanks for the help I am still waiting for the adapter for the DVI cable so I will post up the resuts when I get it. I don't understand why screenplay put that style connector on the back of the 4805 Surely a DVI or HDMI would be a better bet. Someone said that this adaptor is a throw back to the business projector days sound feasible. It will be a cost thing I suppose

6. Oakleyspatz

Oakleyspatz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +231
    I think they market it as a future proofing facility (yeah right!) This way, any future connections that come up, they can just make an adapter to fit it. Just as you can now buy an adapter for DVI or HDMI or VGA etc, etc.
    The only problem I found was that if you have the 4805 on a rear shelf, the adapter and then the DVI cable adds about another 1.5 - 2 inches to the depth of the pj which can be a concern if your shelf isn't that deep !