Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Screenplay 4800 vs. Panasonic AE200

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by bobbetts, May 15, 2004.

1. bobbetts

bobbetts
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,

Looking for some advice on the above please.

I have read a number of threads on the qualities of the two projctors. I have also read the avsforums on the X1 (believe it to be the same machine....as per projectorcentral) I am just wondering, given the choice of each machine at the same price which one you would recommend.

Is one better than the other or is it just a case of pick one. My main priority is getting an as cinematic experience as possible, given the limited budget. Do both provide a good quality 3d image?

Thanks
    Bob

P.S If anyone fancies throwing in alternatives....cheap alternatives (<£900) then please feel free.

2. stevos

stevos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +567
    I can't help choosing between the two.

However I own a 4800, and after a few hours run in, i am now very happy with the picture.

I am running it with my Denon 2800mk2 via the dvd player progressive scan board.

The board on the DLP is very poor, i would suggest looking else where if you're dvd player doesn't have a good progressive scan board.

I hope this was some help

3. bobbetts

bobbetts
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for the input, at present I'd be looking to use either RGB scart or S-Video as my DVD doesn't have component....not sure if this is relevant.

I am also hoping to use my PS2 and Xbox throught the projector, which, considering I have all the scart leads and switcher etc. means cables and connectivity can be easily put in place, with an accepted pq loss, but I can only afford one step at a time. This leads me to the Panasonic range, but it worries me that I may be losing picture quality for the sake of conveniance, i.e. unplugging leads etc.