1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Screenplay 4800 vs. Panasonic AE200

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by bobbetts, May 15, 2004.

1. bobbetts

bobbetts
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,

Looking for some advice on the above please.

I have read a number of threads on the qualities of the two projctors. I have also read the avsforums on the X1 (believe it to be the same machine....as per projectorcentral) I am just wondering, given the choice of each machine at the same price which one you would recommend.

Is one better than the other or is it just a case of pick one. My main priority is getting an as cinematic experience as possible, given the limited budget. Do both provide a good quality 3d image?

Thanks
    Bob

P.S If anyone fancies throwing in alternatives....cheap alternatives (<£900) then please feel free.

2. stevos

stevos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +541
    I can't help choosing between the two.

However I own a 4800, and after a few hours run in, i am now very happy with the picture.

I am running it with my Denon 2800mk2 via the dvd player progressive scan board.

The board on the DLP is very poor, i would suggest looking else where if you're dvd player doesn't have a good progressive scan board.

I hope this was some help

3. bobbetts

bobbetts
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for the input, at present I'd be looking to use either RGB scart or S-Video as my DVD doesn't have component....not sure if this is relevant.

I am also hoping to use my PS2 and Xbox throught the projector, which, considering I have all the scart leads and switcher etc. means cables and connectivity can be easily put in place, with an accepted pq loss, but I can only afford one step at a time. This leads me to the Panasonic range, but it worries me that I may be losing picture quality for the sake of conveniance, i.e. unplugging leads etc.