Screened Triple outlet

Have you got a combiner at the other end of the cable? as this designed for a single cable carrying both Sat and UHF Tv signals.

No combiner, never heard of one :nono:

I thought idea was jsut to allow me to run in both sat and tv cables neatly and connect to the one socket with option of connecting Dab later if required.

What is my best option here bearing in mind the dab is not really a big thing, main reason I bought a triple as opposed to double was the double didnt seem to be screened and I thought that was important...maybe not

Just because you havent heard of one, doesnt mean they exsist or that you need one!

Without a Triplexing combiner in the loft the plate you have bought will not work as it is designed to use a single cable carrying all three signal types.

In the loft or near the Sat / Aerial a triplexing combiner can add all three cable signals TV/FM & Sat (and DAB if you need it) on to a single cable. This can be done because they all sit at different frequency positions in the spectrum. These then pass down the single cable to the type of plate you have bought which splits the signals back out to there respective connectors.

There is a different plate that you could buy, I cant see it on toolstation, that offers two cable inputs, one for TV/FM and the other for Satellite. Although if you want both TV and FM you will need a TV/FM combiner in the loft or by the aerial.

Hope that helps.

Chris

Cheers Chris,

As you have guessed I'm not experienced in this field and not familiar with a lot of the terminology.

So when I see ones that are diplexed, is that what I need?

Or is that more advanced, you dont have a link to a product, do screwfix do one perhaps and does it matter if its unscreened?

Would you advise on maybe putting in one of these combiners, I sitll dont get it really with regards to whats going in the back of the plate, there is space for two cables and on the one thats marked as being the side to take the TV/Sat/Dab there doesnt seem to be any way of securing the cable yet at the other side there is.

Can someone point me in the right direction with regards to finsihing off this aerial installation.

After buying this triplex socket, I now find out I need a combiner, where could I get one of these, how much are they and do you need power for them.

Also what sort of cable would you use to run from thew combiner to the socket, CT100 or something else.

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom