1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

screenburn info

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by megliam, Oct 27, 2004.

1. megliam

megliam
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi folks any info gratefully recieved,

i just bought a panny ph42pe30 & the salesman told me o could not leave a channel with a solid logo (i.e. sky sports, mtv, vh1 etc etc etc) on for longer than 2 hours without changing channel for 5 mins or so,
    does anyone else have to do this or is this excessive,
    other owners please let me know how you get on with this problem
    cheers in advance for info

2. zygote

zygote

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. grahamtriggs

grahamtriggs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    You should avoid displaying static images for too long, but if you think about what the salesman said it doesn't make a whole lot of sense - how many channels do you know that go for more that 15 mins without a fairly long advertising break that doesn't display the logos?

4. spook

spook
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I broke my my PWD6 in for around 500 hours (low contrast, avoiding logos etc) but since then I have pretty much viewed anything I wanted with no problems at all.

I do however still have peak limit set to "on" and also enable wobbling to avoid high contrast logo's being static for hours on end (watch a lot of Sky one) apart from that just enjoy your plasma and don't worry too much about burn in, you bought a Panasonic which was a smart choice as they are one of the robust where ghosting is concerned.

Spook

5. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    That article is pretty sound, basically don't get hysterical, just treat it with respect. CRT's are just as prone, we just didn't worry quite so much cos the tag didn't have so many zero's on it! As Spook says, you've bought the most bomb proof screen in respect of screen burn, I have actually never seen a Panasonic suffering from it, yet I've seen a couple of Pioneers and about 50-60 hitachis, and considering I don't sell Hitachi that's an achievement.