1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Screen with variable masking

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by theritz, Jun 28, 2003.

1. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I've recently built a screenwall with variable masking in my movie room - check here for details and pictures. This arrangement was pretty easy to instal, and is well worth considering if you already have a diy screen. A similar "screenwall" with masking panels could be constructed in front of a pull down screen.

Thanks to Vexorg for ideas, advice and assistance.

Sean G.

2. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Nice one. I'd see the doctor about that growth on your back though :) (nice growth though it is ;) )

3. derekduvalle

derekduvalle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Excellent idea.
    I have a similar system, except my masking panels are hooked on clips attatched to the main screen surround.
    I have been looking for a way to do what you have and to possibly motorise the system.
    I hope you don't mind if I copy your system and try to motorise it!!!

4. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hey, the whole thing is to share ideas !

I had thought of using window winder motors, one on each side, but the business of getting them to stop in exactly the right place is probably beyond me. I've also found that it takes a little "tweaking" to get the masks into exactly the "right" position - this is much easier to do by hand, tbh, and I only need to change it every once in a while, so it's no trouble.

All the best,

Sean G.

5. loftfuton

loftfuton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi

Read with interest this post, and will give something like it a go. This is probably a stupid question, but when you spoke about HiDef, what do you mean ??.

Harry

6. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I was referring to High Definition - 720 or 1080 lines of resolution - seriously has to be seen to be believed - detail, sharpness and colour like you wouldn't believe. Remeber the first time you saw DVD after being used to VHS ?? Well HD material is a similar step change, imo. I received a super range of clips fom Kramer - big thanks - and run it directly from the hard drive on my hcpc.

All the best,

Sean G.