Screen type (advise please)

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by sunlink, Nov 7, 2002.

1. sunlink

sunlink

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just ordered the Panasonic TH-AE300 and was now looking for advice (gain/fabric etc) on a complimentry 7ft 16:9 screen. It does not have to be electronic but may have to cope with quite a bit of ambient light during the day. I am looking to position the screen some 13ft away from the projector.
    If anybody can recommend a suitable make or retailer, I would be extremely grateful.

Regards

Steve
    ;)

2. HBK757

HBK757
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. sunlink

sunlink

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :p

Thanks for the feedback. I currently have a 4:3 draper Luma (Glass Beaded) which has server me well. That is going to be sold along with my current projector. I thought the only difference between the Luma and Baronet was the fact that the Baronet was electric?
    Not sure if I want to pay the extra just for electric capability.

Regards

Steve

4. TimF

TimF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Recently installed Draper Luma from AV-Sales (6ft manual with extra drop). Have to say it is an excellent screen.

Thought about the electric "baronet" but a huge difference in price.

Got to get out of the chair to close the curtains etc and saving means lots more money for DVD's.

The screens come the USA - I had "extra drop" to be able to have the screen lower - makes for a comfortable watching position.

Told it would take four weeks or so but I got it in about three. Standard screens are usually in stock. Andrew at AV-Sales was extremely helpful. (I also bought a Pana PT ae100 proj. and Pro V at the same time!)

Cheers

5. sunlink

sunlink

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Timbo,

It looks like my new projector arrives today, so I need the screen pdq and after the prompt service given by PriceJapan (see thread above), I am no longer prepared to wait three weeks for anything (no matter what lame excuses retailers come up with).
    I will probably go with the luma for the same reasons you outlined earlier, but will try an alternative source.

Steve

6. TimF

TimF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Steve,

AV-Sales

Only custom made screens take about 3 weeks - made to order.

Standard 6', 7' etc. usually in stock.

When I bought the panny 100 from AV sales I ordered it over the phone on Thurday lunchtime and it was delivered 9am next morning.

Like you I hate to wait but I had a cheap screen already wich did me untim the custom screen arrived.

Put all equipment in over two weekends (including re-decorating)

Now the 300 is out and upgrade in the new year may be on the cards!!!