Screen tearing on Dash

stoomc

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a 360 elite and have noticed that I am getting screen tearing on the dash (when you push the guide button and it brings up that blade and when it goes away) does anyone else notice this?
Is there any way to cure this? Is it my set or the 360?
If everyone else is getting this then I guess it is normal.

Hi all,

I have a 360 elite and have noticed that I am getting screen tearing on the dash (when you push the guide button and it brings up that blade and when it goes away) does anyone else notice this?
Is there any way to cure this? Is it my set or the 360?
If everyone else is getting this then I guess it is normal.

Yeah, I get it on the Guide too. I only notice it on VGA or HDMI though. My TV overscans on Component so I don't see it then. But Component looks pants for me so I'm usin HDMI anyway.

I can't say that it bothers me though, if it happened during games or films then I'd complain.

Yeah, I get it on the Guide too. I only notice it on VGA or HDMI though. My TV overscans on Component so I don't see it then. But Component looks pants for me so I'm usin HDMI anyway.

I can't say that it bothers me though, if it happened during games or films then I'd complain.

Thanks. I am just going through a paranoid stage (I get it every now and again, lol)
As I was saying, I only really getting it when the xbox guide whooshes off the screen, like it is splitting in half/stuttering...other than that everything else is ok.

I get that too and Ive got VGA on a Dell 2407wfp-HC TV. Got it bad in Oblivion too today :(

What is screen teearing?

I have heard this reference before.
I dunno how best to explain it, but from what I understand of it, it's when you see a "tear" in the picture. I.e. you have the full screen, and at some part of the screen, it's jagged off, as if it's been torn. I've only really seen it in games like colin mcrae dirt, which apparantly it's common in.

Maybe someone could explain it better?! lol (or here's a link I just found, but they call it page tearing...

I get that too and Ive got VGA on a Dell 2407wfp-HC TV. Got it bad in Oblivion too today :(

I've got a dell 2407 and apparently they have a funny quirk whereby if you turn the monitor on before the 360 it's possible you'll get tearing but turning it on after solves it. Strangely enough it seems to work. If you get it turn the monitor off for a few seconds.

However the Live Guide (the whooshy bit) always tears for me, always has. Did it on the composite cable, the RGB cable on the telly and the VGA cable on the beast. I've assumed it just doesn't assign to much graphical power to ensuring it looks nice and pretty when going in or out. But the games are fine.

Yep I've always had tearing on the guide and it also happens on certain games Dead Rising, Lost Planet for example. Its was really bad on VGA but almost gone now via HDMI on the Elite. Apparently its how the games are programmend that cause the majority of it. Developers sacrific v-sync (the process that keeps the bottom 1/2 and top 1/2 of the screen together) to keep the frame rate up. I've also noticed it can be worse/better depending on resolution 720p 1080i or p

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom