Screen suppliers?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by torkus, Feb 13, 2004.

1. torkus

torkus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Can anyone recommend any dealers/suppliers that sell cheap portable floor standing screens (not the tri-pod kind)

I'm after between 5FT- 6FT wide screen.

Also, I haven't bought my pj yet, it will probably be a Panasonic AE500, projecting from a distance of about 13FT away from screen, can I get away with this?

Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Neil Porter

Neil Porter
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Try calling your local AV dealer. Failing that I was shown a screen like you are describing at Signals this week.

3. jamiev

jamiev

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    hi, i am in the same boat, looking for a portable screen 80" diag (not the tripod type), using a panny 300 from 11ft away. www.drhscreens had some called lite screens but are not 16:9, all are 4:3, so i am worried about not filling the screen and having white borders.??problem??? anyone help here??

i calculated the sreen sizes etc from projectorcentral .com which have a distance calculator (approx) so give that a go!

i think the image is going to be too large so i am thinking of having the pj a bit closer, say 10 or 9 foot!?

hope this helps.

4. torkus

torkus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys for info.

jamiev, I also have been on the site you mentioned and YES they do 16:9 screens at the size your after. I spoke to someone at the suppliers.