Screen Sizing & Xbox via Component Video

RobertJ1

Standard Member
I'm buying my son a Samsung 32in LCD TV (LE32R87BDX or LE32A457C1D). He has an Xbox 360 but not the elite so I guess he would connect either via scart or component video? I presume component video if he wants HD gaming at 720p? I understood that av equipment eg a DVD player sends picture sizing instructions to a widescreen TV via one of the scart pins - how does this happen via component video? Or can one set the TV type to "16:9" in the Xbox 360 and does everything just work in Wide setting if the TV is left on that setting (rather than auto)?

rossbarrett20

Standard Member
I'm buying my son a Samsung 32in LCD TV (LE32R87BDX or LE32A457C1D). He has an Xbox 360 but not the elite so I guess he would connect either via scart or component video? I presume component video if he wants HD gaming at 720p? I understood that av equipment eg a DVD player sends picture sizing instructions to a widescreen TV via one of the scart pins - how does this happen via component video? Or can one set the TV type to "16:9" in the Xbox 360 and does everything just work in Wide setting if the TV is left on that setting (rather than auto)?

720p is 16:9 by default so it will fit the screen perfectly just go to the settings blade on the 360 and choose 720p its that simple

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom