Screen Sizing & Xbox via Component Video

RobertJ1

Standard Member
I'm buying my son a Samsung 32in LCD TV (LE32R87BDX or LE32A457C1D). He has an Xbox 360 but not the elite so I guess he would connect either via scart or component video? I presume component video if he wants HD gaming at 720p? I understood that av equipment eg a DVD player sends picture sizing instructions to a widescreen TV via one of the scart pins - how does this happen via component video? Or can one set the TV type to "16:9" in the Xbox 360 and does everything just work in Wide setting if the TV is left on that setting (rather than auto)?

rossbarrett20

Novice Member
I'm buying my son a Samsung 32in LCD TV (LE32R87BDX or LE32A457C1D). He has an Xbox 360 but not the elite so I guess he would connect either via scart or component video? I presume component video if he wants HD gaming at 720p? I understood that av equipment eg a DVD player sends picture sizing instructions to a widescreen TV via one of the scart pins - how does this happen via component video? Or can one set the TV type to "16:9" in the Xbox 360 and does everything just work in Wide setting if the TV is left on that setting (rather than auto)?
720p is 16:9 by default so it will fit the screen perfectly just go to the settings blade on the 360 and choose 720p its that simple

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: TCL C815 TV, Denon & Huawei wireless speaker reviews, New Sony 4K PJ's and more
Top Bottom