1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Screen size?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by HurleyFX, Aug 4, 2003.

1. HurleyFX

HurleyFX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    Hi, On wednesday i will be receiving my first projector a Panasonic AE200 with a 6ft ( i assume not the best quality) screen, I am curios from other AE200 owners what the sweet spot is screen size wise , i will be sitting about 10-12ft away depending where i put the projector i can have either upto a 8ft wide screen or 12ft, i would be grateful of any AE200 owners advice, as i can then look into either making a screen or maybe purchasing a electric screen.
    thx

2. Bursar

Bursar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +216
    I'd be interested to hear how you get on with it, as I'm planning on buying the same thing.

A shot or two of it in action wouldn't go amiss either ;)

3. HurleyFX

HurleyFX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    I promise ill post piccys as soon as i have a had a go with it ( and as soon as i figure out how to post them )
    any AE200 owners out there?

4. Thrash

Thrash
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had an AE200 since last November (import) and I'm extremely pleased with it. It has been running very well with no dead pixels or other problems since I got it. It was my first projector and I'm using it with a home built screen in a dedicated room. Also managed to get someone to make me a ceiling mount in aluminium.

5. Smurfin

Smurfin
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,830
    I run a Sanyo PLV-Z1, progressive scan via Skyworth 1050p. I sit approx 12' away from the screen which is 8' wide. You can see a little screendoor, but then I have my PJ slightly defocused and also use the Hoya filter and it works perfectly.

PTAE200 should be fine.