screen size to viewing distance ratio

Kornmod80

Novice Member
Been planing on buying a 42" or 43" plasma but I'm starting to think it might be to big and that I should settle for a 37" screen. My questions are:

1: Are there any screen-size-to-viewing-distance ratio??
2: If settling for a 37" screen would I be better of with a lcd??

TIA

Kornmod80

Novice Member
Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks :thumbsup: However I don't think the calculator is meant for tv screens (even though it says so). According to the calculator the recommended THX viewing range for at 42" screen is 4.7 feet, which I think it's a little to close for a flat screen. I'm afraid that the pixels will get to big.

loz

Distinguished Member
Kornmod said:
Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks :thumbsup: However I don't think the calculator is meant for tv screens (even though it says so). According to the calculator the recommended THX viewing range for at 42" screen is 4.7 feet, which I think it's a little to close for a flat screen. I'm afraid that the pixels will get to big.

I have no problem watching my 42" HD Ready Plasma from that distance when viewing HD or upscaled DVD source material. The pixels are not noticable.

(I don't view it all the time from that distance, just saying I have no problem when I do)

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom