Screen size - in particular playing SSX Blur

bobble_bob

I have the Wii System TV setting to HDTV(480p) and i paly on a 26" Samsung. All my other 3 games (Zelda, Wii Sports and Sonic) use the full screen (no black borders at all) and look great. However, playing SSX there is about an inch black border down the left and right hand side, so isnt taking the full screen up.

I thought it might be some setting on my TV or Wii, but trying my other games again they play in full widescreen, so it must be the game. There isnt any option to change the screen size in the game. Anyone know why it doesnt take up the whole screen, and im left with the borders down the side of the screen?

Spinke

I think you're lucky if you only have borders at the sides, I have a huge border all the way around in SSX! I've tried 480i/480p/576i, didn't make a shade of difference :(.

bobble_bob

I think you're lucky if you only have borders at the sides, I have a huge border all the way around in SSX! I've tried 480i/480p/576i, didn't make a shade of difference :(.

Running in HDTV 480p fixed the top and bottom borders for me. Are you only having borders in SSX? Hows your other games look

Pantera6

you can do nothing to change it.
sorry
thats how the game is output on your TV set. dont get upset about it.
are you sure the inch on each side is not a bit exagerated? i know on some GC games i mayby lose an inch but becaus eof the broders on each side...

Spinke

Running in HDTV 480p fixed the top and bottom borders for me. Are you only having borders in SSX? Hows your other games look

Other games display perfectly, I have asked a few friends and the problem doesn't seem to be there when using component. I'm currently using composite (not enough inputs!) and there seems to be nothing I can do about it at the minute :(.

bobble_bob

you can do nothing to change it.
sorry
thats how the game is output on your TV set. dont get upset about it.
are you sure the inch on each side is not a bit exagerated? i know on some GC games i mayby lose an inch but becaus eof the broders on each side...

I would say it is an inch, but not too bad really. Why is this game different to the others i have then in the way it outputs it to my TV?

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom