Screen Size barco Data808s

cinavision

Standard Member
Hi everyone,

New to the site :hiya:

I was just handed a 808s free from a buddy and I have a 20x22 room with 9' ceilings what size screen could I use safely (biggest) but stll maintain picture quality? Ambient light is not an issue and it will be ceiling mounted. 22' is the depth not width. Sorry for you metric guys.:D

Thanks
Brian

Tom.W

Go with an 80 or 92 inch diagonal 16x9 screen with about 1.3 screen gain with a Stewart studio tech 130 screen if it is within your budget. assuming the tubes are without burn and not to worn out ...

draganm

I would go bigger than that, an 8" EM focus will go up to 92" wide ( 120" diag.?) and still give a punchy image on a 1.3 gain screen. Make sure you don't mount it too far back from the screen. You want to use the full width of the tube-face and light up as much Phosphor as possible.

cinavision

Standard Member
Thanks guys:smashin:

The projector was recently rebuilt so I know its in great shape and I used the Lens software to determine distance but if you have a better suggestion I am all ears..

draganm

Thanks guys:smashin:

The projector was recently rebuilt so I know its in great shape and I used the Lens software to determine distance but if you have a better suggestion I am all ears..
that;s a good starting point but when all is said and done you need to turn the contrast down to protect your eyes and look into the lens with an active image showing to be sure. This guide explains it well
http://www.curtpalme.com/TubeRasterSetup.shtm

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom