1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Screen size and 1-1 mapping

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Canary_Jules, Jul 23, 2003.

1. Canary_Jules

Canary_Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +764
    Hi all,

Well, the building of my home cinema room begins in a week. It will be 14 feet long by 10 feet wide which should give me a nice big image from my HS10. Woo hoo!

I am wondering about what size screen I should go for. Reading through the threads it seems like 1-1 mapping from my HCPC is the best display route but what screen size will this give me? The throw distance will be the whole length of the room (14ft). I am planning to build a fixed screen with Ellie supplying the material.

Also, to do 1-1 mapping on the HS10 I need to select 'Full Through' mode, right? Doesn't this mode reduce the size of the image with the effect that the picture will be centred and surrounded by lots of 'white' light? Surely that'd look awful? So how does 'Full Through' mode work in practice with a fixed screen?

I'd really appreciate some advice on this one.

Thanks

Jules