• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Screen scratches and scuffs

thelurch

T-Cut ?.................. only joking!

My iphone is naked and have a few scuffs etc, unless they really bother you I would put up with them as you are more likley to make it worse IMHO

RobM

Distinguished Member
I'd be careful about using any polishing solutions on the touch screen, including the likes of Displex.

You could simply try putting a screen protector on it. If the marks on the screen are light enough, a protector can actually mask them.

DJACID

I'd be careful about using any polishing solutions on the touch screen, including the likes of Displex.

You could simply try putting a screen protector on it. If the marks on the screen are light enough, a protector can actually mask them.

i had a deep scratch on my 2G iphone and bought displex to fix it,
but it only made it look even worst...
i'd say just leave it or use a screen protector which will cover them up,

if you try displex and it doesn't work for you then the scratch will stand out even more after polishing...

charvelj

i had a deep scratch on my 2G iphone and bought displex to fix it,
but it only made it look even worst...
i'd say just leave it or use a screen protector which will cover them up,

if you try displex and it doesn't work for you then the scratch will stand out even more after polishing...

by saying it made the scratch look worse, is that due to the making the actual scratch worse , or due to it cleaning the rest of the screen so the scratch stuck out more ?

what screen covers would you guys reccommend and where did you buy yours from ?

stepp

My advice, get an invisible shield for the front screen. Dint bother trying to apply the back piece its a total nightmare.

Just have the front piece on and leave the back of the iphone naked.

Covers just make the phone more bulky.

DJACID

by saying it made the scratch look worse, is that due to the making the actual scratch worse , or due to it cleaning the rest of the screen so the scratch stuck out more ?

what screen covers would you guys reccommend and where did you buy yours from ?

it was only used over the deep scratch and before even though the scratch was there you didnt notice it unless on a bright colour screen,
but after using displex it looks like a line of pixels now...

i got it off ebay for few quid so bought 2,
i used it on a Nokia phone i had lying around and it worked fine on that,
but would never use it on any touchscreen again,

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom