1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Screen Ripples again!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by 0B1-1, May 18, 2005.

1. 0B1-1

0B1-1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease:

I am now on my second 72" wide Draper Luma 16x9 manual pulldown screen, however, although this one is much improved on the last, it is still not very flat. Is there any way I could glue some lightweight (but FLAT!) board to the back of the screen to rectify the problem?

What board would you suggest and can you recommend what adhesive would be best?

Please see pics of room if it helps!

http://photos.wanadoo.co.uk/album/1405141

2. Timmy C

Timmy C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    If you're gonna glue it to a board then you may as well just get a fixed screen.

Assuming this Draper was replaced fairly recently I would have thought you could go back to where it came from and tell then you're having the same problem and exchange it for a more suitable fixed model.

Good luck!

3. Timmy C

Timmy C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    By the way, nice garage conversion! I wanted to do the same but the throw distance on my Sim2 would leave me with a much smaller picture than I'm used to.

4. 0B1-1

0B1-1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wanted a fixed screen in the first place, but I couldn't justify the cost! I am now stuck with the draper.

5. Timmy C

Timmy C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    I'd still push for a refund or at least a replacement if I were you!