• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

screen resolution problem

Northerner

Standard Member
Since retuning my Humax 9150T, I now have a screen resolution problem. Virtually every channel (but not all) display with thick black lines at top and bottom of screen in 16:9 format. The PVR is connected to an LG 32LX2R LCD screen via the AV2 scart.

I also have a Freesat HD box which has been retuned and is connected via the HDMI input. This has no resolution problems at all and all channels display in 16:9 resolution correctly

Anybody got any ideas on what is causing this?:confused:

D

Deleted member 36193

Have you done a system reset before retuning?
I didn't at first, and though I didn't get your problem, apparently you have to do this first with the Humax boxes.
You will have to reset your preferences afterwards, telling it the type of telly you have etc, so check it knows you're plugged into a widescreen TV.

Freesat wasn't part of the system reorganisation.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom