1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

screen resolution how important is it

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by slidebed, Jul 26, 2003.

1. slidebed

slidebed
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    HI all im a newbe to the plasma market and am going for a pani th42pw5 or after reading your comments the hitachi 42pd3000 i want to use it at home for sky/dvd/ps2 and computer my question is how does the pani do with computer games at hi res with less pixels should i trade off higher contrast pani or go for more resolution hitachi any help would be great regards alan:confused:

2. tbrar

tbrar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Slidebed,

Have you thought about a demo :smashin:

3. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    For my money, especially as you're likely to get a killer prive on the panny, it's got to be the way to go, stuff the resolution. You need a graphics card that can cope with the panny's native res, a radeon probably, an RGB or S-Video lead for the PS2, they look c**p on composite, and a RGB-component converter for sky, and dvd could do scart pass thro unless it's very good on component, or offers progressive scan. The PD3000 might offer scart connectivity, but the res will always be a problem for PC, and the picture is just not up to the standard of a well set up panny.
    If you plan on using component vid for DVD, you might either consider an amp that offers switching, or look at the NEC VP4 which has 2 sets of component connections, and outperforms the panny 5 on all counts, though at higher cost. Still, from the right dealer you might get a 3 yr warranty for less than 4k