1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Screen resolution help please?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by 9761, Aug 29, 2005.

1. 9761

Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,

I have a 32inch CRT TV Its connected via Component from my 6600GT Graphics card (using HDTV Dongle).

My TV supports PAL & NTSC Progressive Scan my understanding 576p and 480p. However when I select this option in TV settings in the Nvidia options I seem to miss area all around the screen mainly on the desktop but when in MCE its not to bad but I can still notice the edges cut off!

Ive tried lots of other settings but to know avail.

Ive tried 720x576p but I loose all edges and taskbar has disappeared
    1024x576p same as above but the screen is longer and when MCE it sometimes stutters and I get the Blue screen of death then have to restart.

Could anybody shed some light onto this matter?

My TV is a Toshiba 32ZP48P using component from HDTV dongle came with graphics card and currently using 720x576p

Thank you

2. owain_thomas

owain_thomas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    I had this problem at first with my ati radeon card via component to a toshiba TV. the problem is that the image is suffering from overscan. to correct it you should have a look in the nvidia settings, there may be an option to correct this. if not it may be worth getting hold of a utility called powerstrip, this allows you to set custom resolutions/timings and can easily get rid of this problem.

3. 9761

Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,

Theres no overscan on, if I remember correctly its on native resolution.
    Ive got Powerstrip installed but what resolution should I use?

4. owain_thomas

owain_thomas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    set the card to whatever resolution you want, i use 856x480 as its the best my tv will do, try something a bit higher with yours as it will take PAL progressive.

to get rid of the overscan in powerstrip goto the "configure..." option in display profiles, in there go to the "advanced timing options". check the "lock scan frequencies" option then just use the blue arrows to sort the screen out.

HTH
    owain