Screen Quality HTC Kaiser Vs Ipod Touch/Classic

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by bwfc0907, Jan 14, 2008.

Tags:
  1. bwfc0907

bwfc0907

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Hi Guys

I need some help. Had my heart set on an Ipod Touch after buying a classic at christmas and getting the apple bug. Quality of videos on the classic is excellent. I also need a sat nav and fancy a TT One v3.

However, I have stumbled across the Kaiser and this is a fantastic device that ticks all the right boxes including a phone, sat nav, pda, etc.

I am not so unsure of the video quality though compared to the touch or classic.

Can anybody that has a machine with a 2.8" 320x240 64k colour screen tell me how the quality compares to the ipod classic/touch.

My head is like mush and I really need your help.

2. mick17

mick17
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    The i-phone is a better multimedia player by far but as a phone you cannot beat the Kaiser or htc touch etc.

3. essjay

essjay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +110
    I have a Kaiser (well rebranded T Mobile vario III) and it is a very nice bit of kit indeed.................

Apart from video playback or should I say lack of it !!

The problem is that Kaisers currently lack proper D3D (direct 3d) drivers for the Qualcomm MSM7200 graphics chip and are therefore performing at a fraction of their actual capabilities. This results in poor video playback, and poor camera/image performance.

But don't let that put you have as I believe that they are currently in develolpment.

4. deleter

deleter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    The Kaiser is a great all arounder. I love mine to bits! Saying that, if video is important for you, the Ipod Touch is much much better than the Kaiser. At least, until HTC come up with propoer drivers for the Kaiser (see above post).