Screen prices?

dunkyboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, can someone give me an idea what a decent fixed screen costs? I'm aiming for an 8ft wide screen - 4:3 preferred, but if 16:9 is cheaper, then that would do. I'm looking for the cheapest decent screen I can find - I don't want to spend many hundreds!

I tried the Owl Video Systems website, but all I get is a blank screen (??) Anyone know what's up?

Also, how does one fix such a screen to the wall? Is it possible to get a frame/stand for a fixed screen that would allow it to be moved into position for films, and put to one side the rest of the time? (I'm hoping to put the screen in front of a big bay window, so I'd rather it didn't block the window 24/7 :p )

Cheers,

Dunc

I have a 7ft 16:9 screen for sale. Its by Da-Lite and is ceiling or wall-mountable. Its only4 - 5 months old.

Snelly (Tim) has first call on it, but if he falls through, would you be interested?

Cheers

Donnacha

Ooh, yeah - depnding on price. How much you asking for it? Oh, and what gain is it? The projector I'm getting is very bright (1600 lumens) so a high gain screen prolly isn't the best idea...

Cheers,

Dunc

Donnacha,

Did you get my PM re screen size?

Basically I *think* it will be too small - just , damn - but If you can tell me the exact width of the viewing area Ill let you know tonight whether I am / am not interested...

Thanks
Tim

PS have you had a play with the AE100 yet?

Tim,

just seen your last PM - no worries. I've just had a quick plug n play with the DVD on composite, and a small image - only room with a white wall!! All works fine and in order. Can't yet comment whether I'm blown away or not - watch this space.

Dunkyboy - I'll let you know tomorrow if that's ok, as Tim should know by then whether or not its for him. Its not very high gain - I think 1:1. I've only recently acquired it (Saturday) and as its too big for me, I haven't even used it!

Damn - I'm itching to get going on this and watching movies!!

I'll let you know

Donnacha

Okay, Donnacha, no worries - I'm in no hurry as I haven't even moved into my new flat yet. :p

By the way, do you think it would be feasible to build some sort of free-standing frame for it? Or maybe hang it from a horizontal bar going across the width of the bay window..? How heavy is the thing? And how much would you want for it...? :)

Cheers,

Dunc

P.S. - I'm guessing it doesn't come with a stand or something?

I forgot to mention the fixings.

The housing has a keyhole at each end. You just need to put a couple of screws into the wall and hook the screen housing onto them.

The guy I bought it from had a frame across his window that this screen hung from using brackets that you can buy with the screen. When I collected it he just popped it off the frame and handed it to me - easy!!

Cheers

Donnacha

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom