1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Screen Play 4805 Mount

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Claymaker, Jul 21, 2004.

1. Claymaker

Claymaker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All

Got my 4805 at the weekend. I had a demo of some other projectors and this was better than any I saw sub £3K. Got it home and its looking excellent even on my dodgy purple sheet. Ordered a DRH Slimline240 today - so should be even better soon.

Anyway - back to topic.

I need to mount my projector near to the ceiling - but using the living/dinning room wall drop down which is a concret beam (new house - platerboard ceiling). So I need a mount that can attach to the wall.

Have been looking at the Unicol Gyrolock GK1 - got in touch hope they could tell which Mount Plate I need - but they said they hadn't seen a 4805 - did I know if it was the same as any others. I've sent them the Mount Manual for the Infocus mount that shows screw positions for each model.

I've just noticed that the X1 & LP790 have the same plate diagram for Infocus's mount - but on the Unilock site they do a different plate for each?

Anyone else have any info on the mount plate issue?

Would I be ok just ordering a plate for the X1 say?

Kind Regards
    Chris

2. Paul Williams

Paul Williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Trouble is no one will have both to directly compare, however, the cases do look the same - you could try wading/searching through the www.avsforum.com 4805 thread (its getting very long now) and see if this has been discussed.

Paul