1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

screen movement

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by WeirdFish, Oct 18, 2003.

1. WeirdFish

WeirdFish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I'm in the middle of planning a projector & screen setup and like a lot of people i'm going to have the screen in the bay window.

the screen size will probably be 67" x 38" and will be sited midway between the window and the start of the bay therefore I'm a bit concerned about screen movement. I've been looking at Grandview & Owl screens at the mo.

Has anyone else got a similar set up or is it generally advisable to have the screen pull down againt something solid.

On a seperate note, I've used projectorcentral's famed calculator and have a distance to screen of 7.8ft - 9.2ft for an AE200. Am I right in thinking that I need to place it as near to the lower distance to eliminate use of the zoom or does it not matter.

Cheers

Steve

2. timlloyd

timlloyd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Steve

I have my owl in front of a window recess, and have no probs with movement etc, the owl benefits from a seriously weighty bottom bar whitch keeps the screen incredibily flat and stops it swaying.

With your thow distances the greater the distance the larger the screen and will use less zoom, so the minimum zoom distance is actually the larger of your two values.

3. WeirdFish

WeirdFish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15

Good point. I'm getting there slowly:(

Thanks

4. Dominic

Dominic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    i have my screen about .6m away from the wall to clear / disguise the crappy fireplace. Its a Dalite and doenst move during movies, but then again no one is running around and trying to make it flap.

so long as you bay window doesnt have little air leaks that could blow it about like a sheet on a washing line then you should be okay, but as tinlloyd says as long as the bottom bar is heavy enough it should keep still.

good luck and welcome to the world of Projectors