1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Screen Modification Tips

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by henry1234, Feb 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. henry1234

henry1234

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    First of I have an 8ft Owl electric screen, gain 1.2, vinyl material, hung by a heavy metal bar on the base.

I am only projecting a 61inch wide image. The screen is 92inch wide.

I currently have one screen edge butted up against the image but only on one side, leaving 31inch gap of white vinyl on the other, I hang a black cloth on this side but I do not get the sharp black edge from this method.

Due to the nature of the metal rod design there is very slight curl at the edges.

Instead of swapping to a smaller screen which would have slight curl at each end I have been thinking about using the centre flatest part of the screen and then blanking the left and right.

I would like to make some sort of blanking that produced sharp black edges left and right. Has anyone done this and what products are used?

Could I paint the screen black at the left and right edges?

Would the method of using only the centre of an oversized screen be a better alternative to a very expensive screen that has gone to great lenghts to flatten the edges?

2. henry1234

henry1234

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.